Distance Learning for the Special Education Community: Connecting & Customizing
Presented by the First Children School Administrative Team:
Kathleen McCarthy Gorski, MEd, Principal
Elizabeth Clark, MEd, TVI, School Supervisor
Dr. Ellen D’Amato, PhD, School Psychologist
May 1, 2020
- Staying Connected with Staff Through Distance Learning-Kathleen McCarthy Gorski
- Staying Connected: Team Meetings/Teacher Meetings
- Access: Technological Access
- Communication Connection: Positivity/Differentiation/Flexibility/Innovation/Scheduling
- Connections with Families, Students, and Sending Districts-Ellen D’Amato, PhD
- Collaboration: History/Families/Child Study Teams/Staff
- Distant/Remote Strategies: Individualize/Simplify/Practice/Support/Continue
- Stress Reduction: Natural Environments/Daily Routines/Therapeutic Support
- Curriculum Streamlining – “What Does This Look Like?”-Elizabeth Clark
- Remote Learning Instruction: Packets/Technology Classrooms – Access/Documenting/
- Distance Learning: Staff Involvement/Roles
- Parental Instructional Support: Rapport/Access/Accountability
This webinar is free and open to all educators.
Please register by April 29, 2020.
Contact Sonia Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.