Behavior Technician Jobs NJ (Per Diem) –Description and Requirements
A behavior technician works directly with a child diagnosed with autism and their family to implements behavior plans designed by a BCBA. He/she builds rapport with child, works with child and family on goals set in plan, teaches new skills, manages behaviors, and observes and records progress.
- Genuine interest in working with children with autism.
- Patience, problem-solving skills, discretion, ability to think on your feet, creativity
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective part of a treatment team
- Ability to work equally well independently
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Access to reliable transportation; valid NJ drivers license, willingness to travel
- Bachelor’s degree or coursework in psychology, education or related field preferred
- 1-2 years working with children with autism spectrum disorder
- Must be fingerprinted if hired
First Children Services offers BCBA Jobs in Atlantic County, Bergen County, Burlington County, Camden County, Cape May County, Cumberland County, Essex County, Gloucester County, Hudson County, Hunterdon County, Mercer County Middlesex County, Morris County, Passaic County, Somerset County, and Union County.