Behavior Technician Jobs NJ and PA (Per Diem) –Description and Requirements
A behavior technician works directly with a child diagnosed with autism and their family to implements behavior plans designed by a BCBA. He/she builds rapport with child, works with child and family on goals set in plan, teaches new skills, manages behaviors, and observes and records progress.
- Genuine interest in working with children with autism.
- Patience, problem-solving skills, discretion, ability to think on your feet, creativity
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective part of a treatment team
- Ability to work equally well independently
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Access to reliable transportation; valid NJ/PA drivers license, willingness to travel
- Bachelor’s degree or coursework in psychology, education or related field preferred
- 1-2 years working with children with autism spectrum disorder
- Must be fingerprinted if hired
First Children Services offers behavior technician jobs throughout New Jersey and Southeastern Pennsylvania.